- San Diego Free Press, Nov. 3, 2016
- Forth Magazine, June 2016
- San Diego Reader, Blog Diego column, Aug. 28, 2014
- San Diego Reader, Blog Diego column, April 14, 2016
- San Diego Reader, Blog Diego column, April 21, 2016
… in a nutshell
- Advertising copywriter
- Newspaper editor & reporter
- Book author
- Technical writer
- Published poet
… official bios
LINDA HUTCHISON is a freelance writer living in San Diego and an award-winning feature writer for the La Jolla Light. She has been an advertising writer, a newspaper reporter, and a technical writer. She is the author of two books – Lebanon and Finland – part of a series for high-school students.
LINDA HUTCHISON has published poems in California Quarterly, Urban Spaghetti, Magee Park Poets Anthology, San Diego Writers Ink Anthology and The Great American Poetry Show.
… unofficial bio
I have been writing for others (their stories, ideas, products) for a LONG time. I’m proud of my ability to support myself as a writer. I enjoyed just about all my jobs, if not always the surroundings. Now it’s time to write what I want. I’m not looking for fame or fortune — just hopefully to reach an appreciative audience.
To see specific work, refer to The La Jolla Light and my professional website – lindahutchison.com
… on a personal note
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism
- Family includes two sons, one daughter-in-law, one grand-dog, and three cats
- Born in Montreal, Canada, moved to Manhattan Beach, California for high school, then to San Diego (with detours in Berkeley, San Francisco) for college
- Interests include walking, photography, yoga, reading.